What does the Bible really teach about Jesus?
- Jesus is the one and only Son of God.
- Jesus was the only person who ever lived a sinless life.
- Jesus proved his identity with miracles, signs, and wonders.
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
- Jesus showed his power when he rose from the grave!
- Jesus went to heaven to prepare a place for us.
- Jesus is coming back to take his people home forever.
- Jesus is both our Savior and our Lord.
We respond to Jesus by believing in Him!
Romans 10:9-10 says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved." (NLT)
We respond to Jesus by turning away from our sins!
1 Corinthians 7:10 says, “For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death." (NLT)
We respond to Jesus by being baptized under water!
Acts 2:38 says, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (NLT)
We respond to Jesus by following Him!
1 John 2:6 says, “Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.” (NLT)
Once we accept Jesus what's next?
Acts 2:42 says, “All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.” (NLT)